Thursday group rides are a CBS favorite. Routes vary, as does tempo. Ride is led by a CBS staff member or ambassador. Coffee likely at the end of the ride. If you’re looking for a regular ride to count on, Thursday may be your ride.
When: Every Thursday Morning, departing from Cascade Bicycle Studio PRECISELY at 7:30 am.
Fenders required if the pavement is wet or rain is expected.
Duration: 1.5 to 2 Hours (2 to 2.5 Hours after Day Light Savings Time)
Where: Routes will vary and will be announced at the start of the ride.
Pace: Rides average around 17-19 mph on flats; varies on climbs.
- You are skilled riding in a double and single paceline at 17-22 mph.
- You follow all traffic laws.
- You are a good ride partner: no attacking, no half-wheeling, you rotate through the paceline, etc.
- You can change a flat tire and have all the supplies to do so with you.
- You will wait at the top of climbs and the bottom of descents for the group to regroup.
- You are willing to take direction and instruction from the ride leader as needed.
- You understand if you can’t meet these expectations you may be asked not to return to a future ride.
- To enjoy the fluid experience of riding in well organized and efficient group.
- To expose riders to new terrain and enjoyable routes in the Seattle Metro Area.
- Enjoy the company of others on the road with the wind in your face.
Coffee: Very likely the group will get coffee at the end of the ride in or near Fremont.